Since the late '80s, Jason Sherman has helped more than 90 organizations — from RE/MAX International to Abbott Labs to technology startups to non-profits — identify and further their business, marketing, and communications missions.
Jason has run SHERMAN communications and marketing since 2001, helping his clients better understand their constituents, develop effective communications and marketing strategies, gain significant media coverage, increase sales many-fold, secure investment funding, boost attendance at events, increase employee morale, forge strategic partnerships, launch new products and services, attract talented employees and establish solid brands.
Prior to beginning his own firm, Jason directed communications and marketing for: StudioNorth, a 70-person graphic and Web design studio and its clients; iGive.com, the first online charity shopping mall; dozens of clients of both a Chicago-based public relations firm and Shandwick, the world’s largest independent public relations firm; the southeast Michigan region of RE/MAX International; and for clients of Ross Roy, a 500-person advertising firm.
Jason has strong experience and industry contacts in technology, healthcare, professional services, real estate, remodeling/construction, the arts and non-profits, automotive and transportation, and education. Reporters and editors that have worked with Jason know he understands and tries to make their jobs easier by being highly responsive and in tune with what makes a story. Clients know Jason for being highly strategic, creative and focused on their success.
A few of the things that have kept Jason busy over the years include:
Jason graduated with honors from Michigan State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree (and was awarded Outstanding Senior Man by the faculty and staff of the advertising department).
- Working with the city of Chicago, Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago and ATG to launching and provide all PR services for the "Fix Your Mortgage" events - the largest effort of its kind in Illinois in 2009 and 2010 to help at-risk homeowners modify their loans and prevent foreclosure.
- Helping to launch the first urine test for HIV for Calypte Biomedical.
- Generating more than 500 leads through a strategic PR campaign for giantLEAP, a technology start up.
- Helping increase the number of sales presentations by 800 percent for an automotive supplier of airbags and seatbelts through a media relations campaign that greatly increased the company’s visibility and positioned it as an innovative leader.
- Helping Genuine Scooter Company to increase sales by approximately 40 percent and grow its dealerships from 60 to 75 through a successful, national media relations campaign.
- Helping a large, multi-office rehabilitation clinic identify and address key internal issues, thus resulting in reduced employee turnover, improved client service and more successful hiring and recruiting efforts.
- Leading RE/MAX International’s PR team for two years, which secured multiple hits in The New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Fortune, SmartMoney, Money, Worth, Bridal Guide, Selling, CBS Radio Network, CNN Radio Network, AP Radio and many other outlets; and supporting RE/MAX International’s dozens of regions.
- Leading development of BP’s global recruitment Web site.
- Spearheading a direct-mail campaign that achieved a double-digit response rate among CFOs of Fortune 1000 companies.
- Developing and securing positive stories for clients at dozens of local and national print and broadcast media organizations.
- Figuring out how to get his dog to play dead on command in a little more than an hour.
Jason resides with his family in Oak Park, Illinois.